Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Hello

     I didn't have aspirations to take over the world when I was a little girl. I played with my GI Joe's and read Comic books like normal little girls. I don't think I ever had a lust for power or control, and I especially never stayed awake at night plotting how to take out my enemies...that is until I discovered QONQR and everything changed.
     Back in January, I discovered this game and downloaded the app onto my iPhone. Ten days later I had spent almost $400 in cubes and had reached level 100. This isn't the recommended method of reaching level 100 (my husband now has me on a Cube allowance), but it was the way my ADHD brain decided it had to be.
     Shortly after I downloaded the game, I had the privilege to meet one of the co-founders of the game (Silver) and he offered me a part time job running QONQR's Facebook and Twitter accounts (which at the rate I was buying cubes was a great thing for me). I love this game and the company who made it so much that I would have worked for them for free (shhhhhh don't tell Silver) so of course I accepted.
     On October 1st, 2013 I became QONQR's first full time employee. I have never been more excited about a job. I think that's because it's less like a job and more like an obsession that I also get paid for. If I had a time machine, I would go back to my 13 year old (extremely awkward) self and say, "hang in there kid, one day you are going to get your dream job at a video game company!" I'm sure the 13 year old me would roll her eyes and say "get away from me old lady...I'm going to be doctor."

   

No comments:

Post a Comment